Saturday, March 17, 2012

My Best Friend

There's nothing quite like the love of a best friend. 
My bestie knows me like no other.
We've been through thick and thin.
When we laugh together, I can literally feel the stress lift off me.
I can also feel the joy in my heart.
When she hurts...I am lost.
When she is happy...I am estatic.
When she is sad...I'm sending out positive thoughts.
When she is peeved...I laugh.  :)
When she is with me...I am happy!
There's nothing quite like the love of a best friend. 


Right now I am at Camp Amigo with my best friend.  We came here yesterday and it has been so much fun as soon as I stepped into her house and we were getting ready to leave.  I took a half day yesterday and felt kind of like a rebel leaving the school building in the middle of the day.  I had that feeling of, "What if I get caught?"  Knowing full well I had planned for this day for weeks.  Putting my car into reverse, sliding my sunroof open, and allowing the fresh air to overtake me.  Ahhhhhhh, this is the stuff!! 

5 comments:

  1. Don't feel guilty, just think of it as working on your mental health. It sounds like you are having a great time with a great friend. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camp Amigo! What a brilliant idea. Enjoy having a friend who is willing to spend some time with you! So often we are too busy to take that kind if time, and it really does help with mental health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Glad you took the afternoon, and hope the guilt blew right out that sunroof. If it helps, I spent much of my day reading my book...just for the fun of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you! I can connect to many of the words you used to describe your friend. I have a couple of those types of friends too. Glad you were able to spend time with her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your ending. How fun! Why do we feel guilty when we take a little time for ourselves? Enjoy your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete